Training and Development
Our training and development is developed specifically with your business in mind and can be branded and tailored for your organisation.
We have a range of core materials which are structured around key academic frameworks and supported with interactive activities which helps to ensure your people learn from the intervention.
We can be really flexible in how we deliver our programmes – which means we can delivery online as well as face-to-face, or via a blended approach. We can also chunk up sessions to make them bite-sized and more digestible.
We deliver all of our training with a coaching mindset, which means that we work with our delegates to ensure they get what they need from the training.
We are also firm believers in the power of action-learning which significantly helps to cement the learning.
Why Use Us?
Tracy has worked in local, regional and national roles and has many years of experience facilitating workshops, training, conferences and stakeholder events/consultations. She has a level 3 Award in Education and Training. Skillslocal works with quality assured associates and can draw on a wide-range of specialities.
Our initial consultation is free of charge and we will work with you to help you decide the best course of action. Once you have decided what you want we will develop a full project specification to ensure this meets your needs. We will then agree a suitable timeline for delivery.
We care greatly about our clients’ satisfaction and take quality seriously, we are keen to receive any feedback, after all it’s by listening to our customers that allows us all to grow and develop. We collect feedback from all of our interventions and share this with our clients. This provides us with the information to ensure we are delivering excellent customer satisfaction.
Coaching for work
- What is coaching?
- Benefits of coaching
- Skills required to coach effectively – listening and questioning
- Describe importance of effective questioning, listening feedback
Coaching skills for managers
- Define coaching in the workplace
- The managers role in the coaching process
- What’s a positive coaching environment
- Grow model
- Identify coaching opportunities
- Identify what your personal brand is, both personally and professionally
- Recognise why personal brand is important and help to start working on that brand
- Develop an elevator pitch
Building your resilience
- What is resilience?
- Why is it important?
- How we support our resilience and that of our colleagues
- Use tools to build resilience
- The importance of wellness in the workplace
- Apply the dimensions of wellness
- Rational and positive thinking
- Importance of work life balance
- Business case for wellness
Mental Health First aid
- FAA accredited courses
- Level 1 – Awareness in First Aid for Mental Health
- level 2 – First Aid for Mental Health
- level 3 – Supervising for Mental health
Other courses include:
Digital Business Skills
Dealing with redundancy
Anxiety at work
Some of our clients
- DTS/learndirect – led on a number of key stakeholder events
- D2N2 LEP – responsible for delivery of 8 Priority Sector Regional Conferences
- Winning Moves – currently supporting the Tourism Collaborate programme in Leicester and Leicestershire
- Peak District National Park – facilitated a series of workshops to develop a competency framework
Some of our clients
- Rothera Sharp – strategic workshop with partners
- Turbine Efficiency – facilitated performance management workshops
- J D Wetherspoons – customer service training
- The Source Training – facilitated Digital Business Skills training to over 50 small businesses