We invest in wellbeing
We invest in wellbeing is an award under the internationally recognised Investors in People framework. Your business is recognised for the support you give to your people in supporting their health and wellbeing. The invest in wellbeing framework has been developed in partnership with leaders and innovators which covers all aspects of wellbeing and drives behavioural change. It truly allows a culture of wellbeing to thrive within any organisation.
This is an excellent route to take if you’ve already been consciously developing strategies around the health and wellbeing agenda. It takes four to six weeks to become accredited. If you are just getting started on this and want some initial advice we can also help with that too.
The wellbeing framework will help you identify where you are at in your wellbeing journey; by looking into the areas of physical, social and psychological wellbeing. It will help you gather insights into where your organisation is doing well and where it needs improvement
Why use us?
Tracy started delivering health and wellbeing as part of the We Invest in People standard. She is passionate about the benefits health and wellbeing bring to individuals and businesses. Since then she has developed the services she can offer in this increasingly important area:
• We invest in wellbeing – certified practitioner
• Wraw certified practitioner
• level 3 teacher trainer qualified
• An FAA qualified trained trainer in mental health first aid to level 3
• CACHE certificate in counselling skills
Tracy will ensure your all your businesses health and wellbeing needs are met.
Our initial consultation is always free of charge and we will work with you to help select the best of course of action. Once you have decided what you need we will develop a full project specification to ensure this meets your needs.
We care greatly about our clients’ satisfaction and take quality seriously, we are keen to receive any feedback, after all it’s by listening to our customers that allows us all to grow and develop. Following any intervention, you will be invited to participate in a short customer survey.
As a registered and quality assured We invest in wellbeing Certified Practitioner, Tracy can work with you regardless of where you are on your organisation’s health and wellbeing journey. She can provide an early assessment to highlight any gaps, help you develop an action plan and support you in introducing the activities which will build solid health and wellbeing practices.
Social wellbeing is affected by reward and recognition, employee voice, inclusion, diversity, community activities and family-friendly policies.
- Are people’s work relationships supported?
- Is there a culture of teamwork, trust and respect?
- Inclusion and diversity are important along with activities that create opportunities to bring people together
Physical wellbeing is affected by physical activity, nutrition, musculoskeletal and environmental factors.
- Anything and everything that affects our physical health!
- From staying in shape to keeping illness at bay, physical health can have a big impact on how well people can work.
- We’ll ask about nutrition, physical activity, smoking cessation programmes & alcohol awareness
Psychological wellbeing is affected by mental health, rest and sleep, and financial wellbeing amongst other factors.
- Everything from mental health to sleep and financial wellbeing
- And it starts with understanding how people are doing. By asking people how they’re feeling
- And then looking for ways to improve their mental health
How it works
1. We get to know you
We’ll kick things off with a meeting. You’ll talk to your practitioner and a project manager, and they’ll find out more about your organisation, your wellbeing strategy, your people, and what you’re looking to get out of this.
2. We survey your people
Next, we’ll send out a survey to all your people, to see what wellbeing programmes are in place, what’s working and what’s not. The survey’s got 25 questions, all based on your people’s wellbeing at work.
3. We spend time getting to know you
To get to know your people better, we’ll spend more time with them. We’ll interview a few people one-to-one at your offices, and sit in on some of your meetings, to get more of a feel for the approach to wellbeing within your organisation.
4. You get your report
We’ll take all our findings, and turn them into a report summing up what we found. This is where you’ll find out whether or not you’re accredited – and whether you’re silver, gold or platinum.
Your report will include plenty of views and quotes from your people, and our recommendations for what you can do next.
5. We help you take the next steps to make work better
Getting accreditation is a brilliant achievement, and a definite cause for celebration. But it’s not the end of the journey. Your accreditation will last for three years, and we’ll help you create an action plan for what changes your company’s going to make over that time.
We’ll check in with you regularly to find out how it’s going, and measure the effect your changes are having.
- Silver, gold and platinum award levels, valid for three years
- A dedicated practitioner
- Gain feedback directly from your people through our survey and interviews
- Detailed feedback report based on our analysis (qualitative and quantitative)
- A feedback meeting explaining your results and next steps
- A committed account manager that will support you throughout
- An action plan designed to support the evolution of your wellbeing strategy
- A We invest in wellbeing plaque and logo, displaying your award level (valid for 3 years), if successful
- Frequent check-ins throughout the three years (12 and 24 months)
- Automatic entry in the Investors in People Awards where we celebrate the best and the boldest organisations, rewarding their great work.